MES launched on April 4, 2022! All of our modules are up and running, including PRSS (Providers), CRMS (LOCERI, eMLS and PACE) and MMIS access. Publicly available MES resources are accessed through the menu at the top of any page on the site - no login required.
The MES Portal - What Can I Do Here?
This is the main gateway to everything MES, and we're adding the resources you need to do your job. Here's a quick list of things you can accomplish here:
- You can connect to MES modules you have been approved for. Use the blue button (top right) to Login
- Take training courses to understand how to use the new portal and systems
- Utilize the reference library housing the complete historical collection of Medicaid Memos, Bulletins and Forms
- Search, browse and download Provider Manuals
- Download important documents and forms for all MES modules and systems like EDI, EPS and Provider-related resources
MMIS users who do not have their MES credentials yet, can login to MMIS here
Important Provider Links
Have questions? Try our Provider FAQ for answers to common questions asked by Providers and other users.
Are you a Provider looking for the Primary Account Holder (PAH) Request Form? Download it here
New Providers can enroll or check their enrollment status here
(Click on the "Menu" button on the next page)
Here's an answer to the question - "What's MES?"
Medicaid Enterprise System (MES)
MES (Pronounced 'Mez) was created to transform our Medicaid technology from an antiquated all-in-one-box solution, to a modular, expandable and cost-effective solution which benefits our Members, Providers and stakeholders. This collection of advanced technologies directly supports the business needs of DMAS.
MES - Why?
The Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) planned and began building MES in 2016, to replace Virginia’s existing all-in-one-box solution. DMAS followed the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), who sponsored the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) initiative. MITA was designed to facilitate the nationwide upgrade to State’s Medicaid systems to a flexible, modular form.
Have a question?
If you have any questions or would like more information... Please contact us!